BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, March 8, 2010

a little hooked and nostalgic

So maybe I got hooked on culling through friends' facebook photos. I have become completely nostalgic. THIS FEELS LIKE SO LONG AGO. In fact, it feels like an entirely different trip. Well, it was in a way. The above pictures the famous Eva, Krista, Sarah, and myself sitting down for our first dinner in Caye Caulker, Belize. This was within the first week of the trip. It was this restaurant that does not look like a restaurant, more like a random hut set up on the street, with a grill tucked in the corner. But my was it tasty. (Notice how paleI am in this pic, as compared to my last round...)
On top of a pyramid in Tikal.
My favorite mode of transportation this trip: the back of a pickup truck! Semuc, Chempey, Guatemala. Here is Adam, Jake or Sam (they are twins), and Ellie. This was early in November, and I just ran into Adam in Bariloche, and Ellie here in B.A. SMALL WORLD. When Adam came up and said hello, I think I couldn't put together a coherent sentence for 30 seconds I was so surprised to see him.
Ok, I couldn't resist. Doesn't this just pull at your heartstrings? We look so happy! (Wait, isn't there some stage of a breakup where you look through pictures and get nostalgic, and you know you shouldn't really be looking through these pictures...) Sarah and I took this with Ellie's disposable water-proof camera after emerging from the caves at Semuc Chempey, Guatemala. We had found our own way out while everyone else was waiting for a guide to lead the way. We took initiative like that. My knee was gashed and bleeding profusely, but since I had been holding onto Ellie's camera for her, Sarah and I couldn't resist leaving her with a surprise pic of us when she developed her film. We were mischievous like that. This was just before the shit hit the fan.

0 comments: