BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, September 13, 2009

Talented Friends

I have a truly talented friend, her name is Elizabeth. She is a playwright. She is also an artist. She told me the following drawing was inspired by myself and my situation, so I couldn't resist posting it.
And then this one is just one that I love.
Elizabeth once painted me a picture, and gave it to me, framed. That was right after I graduated college. I brought it with me to Denver when I went for the month-long Intensive program at the National Theatre Conservatory. It was my first solo trip outside of the world of BYU, and the picture was a real comfort. If almost all of my belongings weren't in storage, that picture would be sitting on my desk right now. I wish I could post it here. You'll have to be satisfied with other Elizabeth works you can see on her blog. Or her art blog.

I love my friends. They make life so interesting.

4 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Honestly, I am so touched. Thank you Laura.

Rebecca said...

Elizabeth is BRILLIANT. Can I say "fuck" in your comments? Because what I really mean is that Elizabeth is FUCKING BRILLIANT. I'm glad that picture was inspired by you. It's great to have it put down so perfectly and succinctly.

Anonymous said...

Honestly, I too wish I had such special fantastic friends who slam people they have never met and know nothing about except what I have told them when trying to make myself sound like a victim. So cool.

Rebecca said...

esodhiambo - Of course, one could quite obviously make the argument that you are slamming Elizabeth, whom you have never met and really know nothing about.

I'm not saying that you ARE doing that, and I'm not trying to start an argument here. I'm just pointing out that maybe we could ALL - myself included - be a little less antagonistic towards people we haven't actually met, and more positive towards those we have met.